Para obtener una versión en español de este artículo de solución, haga clic aquí.
What is safewifi?
safewifi Setup Procedure
- Start by making sure that the device is NOT in a SafeWifi area. Only continue with the steps below if the device is not near the area you are about to set up as a SafeWiFi.
- Select the preferences tab on the left and you will see the SafeWiFi area on the right (users with Apple devices only)
- Enter the SSID of the SafeWiFi exactly as it appears in the device when you are there. Alternatively, you may ask the administrator of the school or other party to get the SSID.
- Once entered, click ADD button to add it.
Please note that the default position of safeWifi is disabled and is displayed as Gray.
When you activate the safeWifi toggle to ON, it will change to Green.
Notes on safewifi
- The parent or admin can enter up to 6 SafeWiFi SSID’s into the user profile section of the user settings in the Preference Tab
- The SSID’s are case sensitive and must be entered exactly as the SafeWiFi™ SSID’s are listed. For example, if the school uses the SSID ABC_Middle_Kids,> it must be entered exactly with proper case to function.
- When the user enters an area where the software detects that the SSID is listed as a SafeWiFi™, the VPN will not launch and the user will be protected by that locations (school, church, openDNS) network.
- If the user toggles WiFi off and begins using the carrier cellular network, the software will assume that the user has left the SafeWiFi and will launch VPN.
- The SafeWiFi toggle will show GREEN is the child is in a SafeWiFi area. If it is GRAY the child is not in a SafeWiFi area and Netsanity is protecting the device.