This guide will detail how to:
- Deactivate device currently in use
- Delete a device from the parental dashboard
- Create a new device to replace the deleted device
- Re-activate the device.
To completely remove Netsanity from the device, create a new device, and re-activate, please follow the steps below.
Deactivating a Device From Netsanity
- On the Apple device, open Settings
- Remove any Netsanity profiles installed in the following location.
GENERAL | DEVICE MANAGEMENT
- Reboot the device by holding down the power button until the slider appears. Slide it to the off position. Power the device back on and make sure both wireless and cellular data are enabled.
- On your laptop or desktop please go to https://my.netsanity.net
- Look at the device list and verify there is not a "Device Info" button next to the device we just removed the profiles from. If you see "Device Info" please continue with step 6. If you do not, then you may skip to the next section "Delete Device From Parental Dashboard and Re-Create".
- Click on Device Info
- Click Deactivate
- Click Deactivate this Device
- Select Yes to the "Are you sure?" prompt.
Delete Device From Parental Dashboard and Re-Create
- On your desktop or laptop please go to https://my.netsanity.net
- Look at the device list and click the trash can icon next to the device we want to re-create.
- When prompted select "Yes" to remove the device.
- Select Add Device (**If the device still shows up in the dashboard it means your browser has cached it. Either wait a few minutes and refresh with F5 or try a hard refresh with a Ctrl+F5 - if the device still shows up, try to login in with a different browser or incognito mode and you should see the device removed)
- Fill out the appropriate information, being sure to assign it to the correct user and select "Create New Device"
- Verify the new device appears in the device listing.
Activating Netsanity on a Device
Follow either of these guides to re-enroll your device:
iOS 12.2 or later
Before iOS 12.2
*Please keep the screen on and unlocked until the VPN appears.
The device is now activated!
Last modified / checked : 7/6/2020
Not currently a Netsanity subscriber? Protect your family now.