We wanted to reach out to you regarding a potential issue with our Netsanity Agent for Android. This issue is causing the Netsanity Agent on devices to not enforce restrictions, filtering or blocks that you have set in preferences.
There was an issue with the last update causing some users running version 3.2 of the agent to crash, stop filtering or not enforce restrictions.
We have released a new version of the app (3.2.1) and it will be available on the Google Play Store shortly. This update will completely fix the error in the last update.
Please follow the instructions below to update your Netsanity Agent on your Android Samsung devices.
- Open the Google Play Store on your child's device.
- Tap on the three lines in the upper left-hand corner.
- Tap on "My Apps & Games".
- Tap on "Installed" in the menu at the top.
- Search alphabetically for "Netsanity - Parental Controls."
- Tap "Update" to the right of "Netsanity - Parental Controls."
Once the update is complete, please follow the instructions below:
- On your laptop or desktop please visit your dashboard located at https://my.netsanity.net .
- Log and scroll down to My Devices and make a note of the Enrollment Code for your Samsung Android device.
- Then on your child's device - open the Netsanity app.
- Tap the "Deactivate" button.
- Enter the enrollment code you noted from your dashboard.
- Once it is deactivated - you can immediately tap "Activate" and enter the same code again.
- Make sure you accept all permissions.
- The update process is complete, and the app should function as expected.
Last modified / checked by LD: 1/8/2019 2:47:28 PM